The concept was to create an RPG in the spirit of Ultima VII. The ideas is that everything that you can see can be used, picked up, manipulated or destroyed; this is unlike many games where you can see lots of things but only the important things can be picked up or serve a function in the game.
Some of the main features that were implemented:
- Doors that opened & closed.
- Lights that could be turned on & off.
- Chests that could be opened.
- Objects could be dragged in and out of containers
with the mouse. (see last image)
- Basic 3D pathfinding.
- Characters could move up and down stairs.
- Basic collision detection.
Written in Visual Basic 6 & DirectX 8.
All models and textures should be considered temporary.
Grass & stone textures from Origin's Ultima VII.
The tray object in the top of the screen is a zoomed in view of an open container
and you can drag objects from the world into open container with the mouse.